Welcome New Families and Welcome Back
from the École Macaulay Elementary School Parent Advisory Council
Bienvenue aux nouvelles familles et bienvenue tout le monde
du conseil consultatif des parents de l’École Macaulay
Welcome Back! Ice Cream Social!
Bon retour à l’École Macaulay/Rencontre amicale avec de la crème glacée!
On September 20th there will be a Welcome Back Ice Cream Social and Open House starting at 5pm. It is a great opportunity to meet the teachers, view the classrooms and mingle with all the Macaulay Families. With 475 students registered for the 2018-2019 school year, this will surely be a fun event. More info to come!
Voulez-vous vous impliquer?
Our PAC meetings are the 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:30pm. Please, come on September 13th to the school library. Free childminding is available on the second floor in classroom 6. Aside from discussing current and upcoming events, we will be voting on the 2018/2019 budget. Please, take a look at the proposed budget on the website below and bring your questions to the meeting or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Who we are!
À propos de nous!
The Parent Advisory Council (PAC) is made up of volunteers supporting education and community at Macaulay. All parents, caregivers and guardians are welcome to get involved! Any amount of time that you can contribute, no matter how small, is helpful. Whether it’s helping with event set-up, organizing or volunteering during an event, financial donations, baking, completing our Parent Survey or simply attending monthly PAC meetings – it all really helps. PAC efforts contribute to school pride and a welcoming community for our children.
Our PAC Executive is once again larger than in previous years with 9 members going into the 2018/2019 school year. We currently have two executive Member at Large positions open and one Arts and Culture committee lead position open. If you are interested, we are accepting nominations and will vote for each position on September 13th. (Information about these positions is available on the website below or email email@example.com with your specific questions).
Please, visit and follow the PAC website https://macaulaypac.wordpress.com/ for updates and the latest PAC information.
What we do!
Voici ce que nous faisons!
The PAC has an annual operating budget of $70,000, some of which is generated internally by various PAC activities throughout the year. Through highly successful PAC fundraising, we have been able to fund many events and initiatives, including:
- School-wide theatrical performances and individual arts & drama instruction in classes
- Special holiday performances and guests: Magician, Science Venture, Mimes
- Crossing guard salaries, class field trips, classroom supplies and technology
- $500 yearly allowance to each teacher
- Extra financial support is open to all staff twice a year
- Funding for Grade 3 swimming lessons
- Funding Grade 5 First Aid course
- Outdoor equipment for morning and lunch hour recesses, Lego for Lego Club
- A new fountain and water bottle filling station
- Financial support to Macaulay families in need
- Greening and garden bed improvements
- School Events – Family Movie Nights, Welcome Back Event, Parent Education Nights
- School Lunches
- Financial donations to local non-profit organizations
- New gymnasium equipment
- Specialized sensory items for the learning support room (ie. Cocoon swing, fidgets etc)
Other larger projects undertaken:
- Pathway across the field, Kindergarten Playground, School-wide Ceramic Tile Project
- Outdoor classroom and Native Plant Garden
- Inventory and purchase of supplies for the emergency tanker
Cheers to another fun and exciting year ahead!
Nous avons hâte de s’amuser et d’avoir une excellente année!
Your École Macaulay PAC Executive:
Josh Hylden – President
Yoni Bremner – Vice President
Krista Moffett – Past President
Janaya Honka – Treasurer
TJ Schur – Secretary
Megan Weston – VCPAC
Sherri Dixon – Fundraising
Erin Kinrade – Member at Large and Greening Committee Lead
Kirsten Lee-Straub – Member at Large